Dear Parents, Friends, Staff and Students
The Feast of the Assumption of Mary, the Mother of Jesus, is celebrated on 15th August. We will hold a prayer service to honour Mary’s special feast day on Friday 12th August at 9.00am in the undercover area. Parents and friends are welcome to join us. The Feast of the Assumption signals the end of Mary’s earthly life and marks her return to Heaven to be with her son, Jesus. Even though Mary is in Heaven, we know she is always with us and listens to our prayers.
“Mary, give me your Heart: so beautiful, so pure, so immaculate; your Heart so full of love and humility that I may be able to receive Jesus in the in the Bread of Life and love Him as you love Him and serve Him in the distressing guise of the poor.” ~ Saint Mother Teresa
Congratulations and Farewell to Mrs Kays
It is with a heavy heart that we will farewell Tania Kays next week. After 10 years at Matthew Gibney Catholic Primary School, and 17 years working in primary schools, Tania is leaving us to take a new position at Clontarf Secondary College. Our sincerest congratulations to Tania for securing this new appointment. Tania has been a wonderful asset to our school and has played a pivotal role in the success of the school community. Many of you would have interacted with Tania as your first point of call when joining the school community. I am sure you will remember Tania’s warmth, kindness and welcoming attitude with fondness. We will miss Tania, but wish her well as she commences this exciting new chapter in her career. Tania’s final day with us will be Thursday 18th August. Please pop in to say your farewells.
Parent Feedback Survey
A short survey is available for parents to complete to assist us with our communication processes with parents. Please take the time to complete the survey. Results will be communicated with parents once received and collated.
Confirmation – Year 6
Please continue to keep the Year 6 students, their sponsors, parents and teachers in your prayers as they prepare to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit in Confirmation on Friday 19th August. We are still accepting students to join the choir. Please see Mrs Keddie if you are interested.
Earlier this week the staff participated in asthma training with a facilitator from Asthma WA. The training included information about asthma triggers, asthma symptoms, asthma first aid and asthma preventative measures. Parents are encouraged to check out the resources and information on the Asthma WA Children’s Hub to assist with managing their children’s asthma.
- We are looking forward to the Year 4, 5 and 6 class performing the musical, Little Red Riding Hood, for the Catholic Performing Arts Festival on Thursday 25th August in the undercover area, commencing at 11.30am. This will be the best show in town, so please come along and support the students, and their teachers, who have been working hard to prepare the performance.
- The Uniform Centre will be open on Friday 12th August for this week only.
- The canteen has a Derby Day canteen special on Friday 12th August.
- The Uniform Committee Meeting is open to all interested parents on Friday 19th August at 2.30pm.
- The P&F Bunnings Sausage Sizzle is on Saturday 20th August at Bunnings Midland. Volunteers are required.
I look forward to welcoming parents and friends to the Feast of the Assumption Prayer Service on Friday morning at 9.00am.
Best wishes for the weekend. I hope your WA AFL team have a win.