Matthew Gibney Catholic Primary School would like to acknowledge the
Traditional Owners of the land, the Whadjuk people of the Noongar nation
and pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
Here is the land, here is the sky.
Here are my friends and here am I.
We thank the Whadjuk Noongar people
for the land on which we play and learn.
Hands up, hands down
We’re on Noongar ground.
Dear Parents, Friends, Staff, and Students
The P&F Colour Run was an amazing event. The P&F committee did a wonderful job getting everything set up. There were plenty of enthusiastic volunteers on the day, and the children and staff had great fun. To top it all off, the event has been an amazing fund-raiser, with plenty of money raised to support the refurbishment and resourcing of the new Science Laboratory, ready for 2024.
World Diabetes Day
Thank you for supporting World Diabetes Day. In recognising World Diabetes Day we are supporting and raising awareness for students and families who live with the challenges of diabetes every day.
Annual Community Meeting – 22nd November
Parents and friends are reminded to come along to the Annual Community Meeting on Wednesday 22nd November. The evening will commence at 7.00 pm with refreshments. The meeting will start at 7.30 pm and include reports from the Catholic School Advisory Council and the P&F. Class teachers for 2024 will be announced at the meeting.
Please RSVP attendance for catering purposes using the link:
CSAC and P&F Nominations for 2024
There are 2 vacant positions on the Catholic School Advisory Council for 2024. Forms have been sent home for any parents who would like to nominate for the positions.
All committee positions for the P&F are spilled and nominations received will be voted upon, if there are more than the required number of nominations. Once again, forms for nomination have been sent home.
All nominations for Class Representatives will be received and accepted. Please consider nominating for 2024.
Edu-Dance and Nativity Concert – 30th November
Parents are reminded that the annual Nativity and Edu Dance Concert will be on Thursday 30th November. All students from Kindy to Year 6 will be participating in the concert. It is always well attended. Parents are invited to enjoy a picnic when they arrive at 5.30 pm. The children should have dinner prior to arrival.
- 5.30 pm: Gates open.
- 5.30 pm: All students are to go immediately to their classrooms.
- 6.00 pm: Concert commences with Kindy Nativity Play, followed by Edu Dance performances by each year level.
- 7.00 pm: Concert concludes.
- Kindy students to be collected from the front of the canteen.
- PP-Year 6 students collected and signed out from their classroom.
Term Dates 2024
Apologies that there were some errors with the term dates advertised in last week’s newsletter. These have been adjusted.
- Term One: Wednesday 31 January-Thursday 28 March
- Term Two: Monday 15 April-Friday 28 June
- Term Three: Monday 15 July-Friday 20 September
- Term Four: Tuesday 8 October-Friday 6 December
Pupil Free Dates 2024 (subject to change)
- Monday 29 January
- Tuesday 30 January
- Friday 31 May
- Tuesday 4 June
- Monday 12 August
- Monday 7 October
- Monday 11 November
Public Holidays in Term Time
- Monday 4 March – Labour Day
- Friday 29 March – Good Friday
- Thursday 25 April – Anzac Day
- Monday 3 June – WA Day
Pre-Kindy and Kindy 2024 Play Dates
Parents of students in Pre-Kindy and Kindy in 2024 should have received an invitation to attend play dates later this term. Please check the invitations and mark the dates in your diaries.
- Pre-Kindy Meet and Greet Play Date – Friday 24th November 2.30-3.00 pm.
- Kindy Parent and Kids Play – Friday 24th November 9.00-10.00 am
The Uniform Shop will be open after each of these times for families that require items for 2024.
We look forward to meeting all our Pre-Kindy and Kindy children and parents for 2024.
Pre-Primary Parents 2024 Introductory Meeting
Parents of Pre-Primary students in 2024 are invited to come along to an introductory information session on Friday 1st December at 2.00 pm. At least one parent from each family is encouraged to attend. The information booklets for Pre-Primary 2024 will be distributed at the meeting. We look forward to seeing you there.
Term 4 Dates
Please take note of the following important Term 4 dates:
- Wednesday 22nd November – Annual Community Meeting
- Thursday 30th November – Edu Dance and Nativity Concert
- Friday 1st December – Year 6 Final Assembly
- Thursday 7th November – Year 6 Graduation Mass
- Friday 8th December – student final day of Term 4.
Please remember that all books need to be returned to the Library next Tuesday.
Best wishes to the Year 4 class for their Class Mass on Wednesday at 9.00am.
Don’t forget the Annual Community Meeting next Wednesday at 7.00pm.