Religious Education News
MAKING JESUS REAL WEEK 9 TERM 2
CHEERFUL Our focus for this fortnight is being CHEERFUL.
What if we thought of cheerfulness as a habit of thinking and behaving in a way that is upbeat, optimistic, and easy-going, regardless of how we may feel at a given moment?
Situations abound for opportunities to make the world a slightly better place by acting cheerfully despite “not feeling it.” But it’s difficult to do this when we think about cheerfulness as something we either have or don’t have.
Some might say that cheerfulness is part of your character, you are just born “cheery” or have a “easy-going” nature. Cheerfulness is about our actions as much as it is about our feelings. We need to give ourselves the opportunity to develop it and get better at it.
Pre-Kindy and Kindy Enrolments 2022
Pre-Kindy and Kindy enrolments for 2022 are filling up quickly. We have only a small number of vacancies in both the Kindy and Pre-Kindy classes. Please come into the office to collect an enrolment form or download a form available on our website. https://www.gibney.wa.edu.au/enrolment/
Kindy Good News
The Kindy class have been learning about shapes!
P&F Meeting Dates Term Two
Our next P&F meeting is:
- Wednesday 23rd June 7.30pm
We welcome all parents to attend the meeting and to hear about upcoming events for Term Three.
Dates for Term Two
Friday 18th June
- Year 5 Assembly
- Edney Dental Screenings
Saturday 19th June
- P&F Quiz Night
Monday 21st June
- Milo Morning
- Pre-Primary Excursion to Caversham Wildlife Park – Whiteman Park
Wednesday 23rd June
- Walk and Wave Wednesday
- 6.00pm School Advisory Council Meeting
- 7.30pm Parents and Friends Meeting
Friday 25th June
- Year 5 and 6 Winter Carnival
Monday 28th June
- Pyjama Day – Life Link Fundraiser (4 Year Old Kindy class only)
- Milo Monday
Tuesday 29th June
- Pyjama Day – Life Link Fundraiser (3 Year Old Kindy and Years 1 to Year 6)
Wednesday 30th June
- Semester Reports available to parents.
- Andrew Chinn, Liturgical Musician – workshop and concert.
Friday 2nd July
- Merit Award Assembly
- Term Two concludes